TPC Tools SA (hereinafter, "TPC") is a company specialised in the distribution of tools and accessories for mechanical machining.
The processing of personal data, of which TPC may become aware, is carried out in compliance with the Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”) and the EU Regulation 2016/679, as well as considering the principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency and all limitations aimed at the conservation, minimization and accuracy of data, i.e. in compliance with the protection of personal integrity and confidentiality of all sensitive information relating to a person.
The Data Controller is TPC Tools SA.
To request further information on the processing of personal data or to exercise his/her rights, the User can contact us:
- by writing to: TPC Tools SA, Via Ciseri 2 6900 - Lugano, Svizzera
1. What is personal data and what is meant by processing
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, natural person that can provide information on his/her characteristics, habits, personal relationships, etc. It is considered personal data an information such as the first name, last name, address or other contact details, an identification number or online identifier.
Processing means any operation which is performed on personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, storage, alteration, consultation, dissemination destruction.
2. What is the personal data being processed
We inform the User that the personal data being processed may consist of identifying elements, such as first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number.
In particular, the data processed is the following:
- Navigation data
The computer systems and software procedures used for the operation of the Site, acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data, the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with specific users, but because of their nature, they can identify the User through processing and association activities with data held by third parties. These data include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the User who connects to the Site; the URI addresses of the requested resources (Uniform Resource Identifier); the time of the request; and other parameters relating to the operating system and the User's IT environment. These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the Platform in order to check its correct functioning, to identify anomalies and/or abuses and are deleted immediately after the processing. The data could be used to ascertain responsibility, in the event of hypothetical computer crimes against TPC or third parties.
- Data provided by the User: Request Form
User’s data is collected by TPC following the completion of a form (hereinafter, referred to as "form"). The form requires the User to enter the following personal data: first name, last name; contact details (such as email, telephone number, company, address); as well as any additional personal data that the User will voluntarily transmit in the text of the "Message" to be sent.
3. Purposes of the processing
User personal data will be processed according to the following purposes:
- To reply to the request sent by the User to TPC
- To fulfil the pre-contractual, contractual, administrative and tax obligations arising from the relationship that may be established between the User and TPC
- To send the User communications/notifications relating to the service
- To comply with the obligations established by law, by an existing regulation, as well as to meet the requests from the competent authority
- To allow TPC to exercise its rights (both in an out-of-court and judicial context)
- For statistical purposes on anonymised data
- To send advertising material, direct sales, to carry out market research and commercial communication through traditional tools (paper mail, telephone calls with operator) or through automated tools (sms, mms, automated phone calls, newsletters) - marketing. This purpose may be pursued by TPC, only with the consent of the User; the User will be free to revoke the given consent at any time by writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- TPC may use the e-mail address provided by the User when purchasing one of its products/services to propose products/services similar to those already purchased by the User. However, if the User does not wish to receive such communications, he/she can notify TPC at any time, using the link on the e-mail communications he/she has received. In this case, TPC will interrupt the aforementioned activity without delay.
4. Legal basis for the processing of Users’ data
Each processing activity is justified by one of the following legal basis:
- The processing is necessary to execute the existing contract between the parties. In this case, the provision of personal data is optional, but its lack implies the impossibility to conclude the contract and execute the requested service
- Processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation. In this case, the provision of data is mandatory and its lack implies the impossibility to fulfil the contract and to execute the requested service
- The processing is necessary for the pursuit of an overriding interest/legitimate interest of TPC, provided that the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the User, which require the protection of personal data, do not prevail. In this case, the provision of data is optional.
5. Subjects to whom the data could be communicated
As part of the TPC activity and for the purposes specified above, the User's personal data may be shared with:
- Data processors who provide specific processing services on behalf of TPC, under its instructions (e.g. Web hosting, system administrators); the User may at any time request the updated list of the Data Processors
- Autonomous Data Controllers to whom the data could be communicated in accordance with the provisions of the law or Authorities’ orders
- Subjects authorised to process personal data by TPC for carrying out activities strictly connected to the provision of services and that have assumed an appropriate legal and contractual duty to confidentiality (e.g. employees and/or collaborators of TPC)
TPC will not sell or otherwise disclose the User's personal data to third parties
6. Where is the data stored
All personal data is stored on servers located in Switzerland.
If necessary, TPC will have the right to transfer data outside Switzerland. In this case, TPC undertakes to ensure that the transfer of personal data outside Switzerland will take place in compliance with the applicable data protection law.
7. How long is the data stored
User's personal data are stored for no longer than 1 year from the conclusion of the contract, in compliance with applicable data protection.
However, to protect its interests and according to Swiss law, it is possible for TPC to store User's personal data for longer.
8. Data subjects’ right
In relation to the processing of his/her personal data, the User has the right to ask for confirmation of the existence or not of a processing activity of his/her personal data and, in relation to it, he/she can exercise the following rights:
- To request access to data in order to obtain information on the purposes pursued with the treatment, on the recipients to whom the data may be communicated, the duration of processing (where possible) and any consequences of a processing based on profiling
- To rectify or integrate its personal data whether these are incorrect or incomplete
- To delete his/her personal data if they are no longer necessary to TCP for the purposes of the processing
- To restrict the processing of his/her personal data, when applicable according to the law
- To retrieve his/her personal data in a standard format and transmit it to a different Controller, when applicable according to the law
- To object to the processing of his/her personal data and, in particular, the User has the right to object to decisions that concern him/her if based solely on automated processing of his/her data, including profiling.
- right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if he/she considers that the personal data processing violates the data protection law in force.
To exercise his/her rights, the User can refer to the contact details in paragraph 1 or access the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner website
9. Automated decision-making
The User is not subjected to decisions based on automated processing.